Date(s) - 15/01/2021
6:00 am - 1:00 pm
Advanced EMDR Online REFRESHER Course Offerings:
January 15; 9-4:30pm ET (6-1:30pm PT)
EC Program Approval Number: #19007-11
EMDRIA Credits: 8
This course includes a Pre Study, at no extra cost, to supplement your clinical skills relevant to applying EMDR.
Why should I do a refresher?
If you are an EMDR therapist and have not taken an advanced training for some time, attended an EMDR conference, received consultation, or had a peer support group; then you may have drifted from the protocol.
Refreshers will include an overview of the 8 phases of EMDR, 3-pronged protocol, and the AIP model. Specific needs of the group attending will be addressed, and we’ll have the opportunity to address questions.
“Thanks, Sue for a wonderful day of learning. I’m very thankful to have taken this course immediately after basic training so that I can be effective in my work with clients.” January 2021
- Appreciated how approachable you are. Your encouragement and continual check ins made it possible for me to ask questions.
- You seem to anticipate what questions/stuck points we might have at certain points in the training and mentioned some possible questions and this normalized the learning and prompted some questions for me and others
- I appreciate the repeat messaging about trusting the system but also the importance of strong clinical skills and knowledge and experience and decision making
- Strengths based respectful discussions of people and their concerns
- Great handouts. You are very generous with materials.”
“Sue herself is a master at EMDR and holding space for the client. Her teaching is practical, relevant, and well thought out.” January 2021
- Review & practice 8-phase protocol
- Review & practice 3-pronged protocol
- Review the AIP Model
- Review strategies for blockages
- Review strategies for common stuck points
- Review strategies for complex cases
- Address your questions
- Pre Study 2: EMDR Introduction & EMDR Research
- Pre Study 3: Psychometrics, History Taking, and Treatment Planning Introduction
- Pre Study 4: EMDR Resources
Sign up for my website newsletter for updates on trainings with Sue Genest, BA (First Class Hons), MSc., CCC., RCC.
Bookings are closed for this event.